hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/12/2011 04:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - cocoloco - 05/12/2011 04:17 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/12/2011 07:53 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - cocoloco - 05/13/2011 01:43 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/13/2011 06:56 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - cocoloco - 05/13/2011 09:13 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/13/2011 10:48 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - toolongincap - 05/13/2011 11:48 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/13/2011 11:52 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - Derick63 - 05/13/2011 12:02 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - cocoloco - 05/13/2011 01:07 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - Derick63 - 05/13/2011 02:31 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - toolongincap - 05/14/2011 12:56 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - Derick63 - 05/14/2011 02:34 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/15/2011 04:40 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - cocoloco - 05/15/2011 08:46 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/15/2011 09:03 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - Derick63 - 05/15/2011 11:02 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - toolongincap - 05/15/2011 01:02 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/16/2011 07:07 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - Saksham28 - 11/17/2017 09:09 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - Derick63 - 05/16/2011 10:05 AM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - cocoloco - 05/16/2011 04:33 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - jamesc - 05/19/2011 06:49 PM  
 Re-Align or ProTouch Adjust A Bond   - BRain11 - 05/16/2011 01:01 PM  
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/12/2011 04:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask here which on of these products is better to adjust attachment of the piece.

I'm a newbie and Derick recommend to have this because it's going to be difficult for me at first to get my piece attached with my first attempt.

Here are the links to both products:

1. http://www.splitendshairreplac...com/splitends_012.htm
2. http://www.hairdirect.com/stor...djust-A-Bond-4Oz.aspx

Price is not a problem as both cost the same, so I just would like to have some reviews from people who have used them so I can choose the best one.

Thank you!
 05/12/2011 07:53 PM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Hi Coco,

I don't really think big difference. To be honest all you need to adjust your unit is alcohol. That is all those are. You can buy a bottle of Alcohol for 1 dollar at store or
 05/13/2011 01:43 AM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Hi Brain,

Thank you for your post. Okay, so... do I just have to spray some alcohol on my head before attaching? Or how do I have to do it?

Thanks
 05/13/2011 06:56 AM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Exactly. Just get some alcohol at store and put in spray bottle or old hair spray bottle. Just spray a little bit, tiny amount and it will give you about 30 seconds before glue or tapes starts to stick so you can move everything around if needed.
 05/13/2011 09:13 AM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Does any kind of alcohol work?? Because here in Spain the most usual one is 96º alcohol, but I think this is is ethylic. Will this one work too? Or do I need to get 91 or 99% alcohol?
 05/13/2011 10:48 AM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

You can use any rubbing alcohol the higher the number percentage the less water, but i use 91 percent. Sometimes on internet I have ordered 99 percent which is technically better, but I don't think that big of difference from a practical stand point.
 05/13/2011 11:48 AM

Author Icon
toolongincap
Regular Poster

hi ,
i buy rubbing alcohol 99 percent off ebay...thats all adjustabond is but it has a minty smell...

its cheap on ebay but dont get it on the hair as it turns it to straw...(drys it out)
 05/13/2011 11:52 AM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Good point about drying hair into straw. You want to spray on scalp. If you use the alcohol and spray on hair to remove your piece you need to wash your hair immediately and use a softner or conditioner or will make really dry.
 05/13/2011 12:02 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

I respectfully disagree about these two products versus regular alcohol. The Adjust-A-Bond from HD definitely has alcohol in it along with some other ingredients. The exact percentage of Isopropyl alchol they are using is not stated. However, I have made the mistake of cleaning off a little adhesive reside on my forehead with Lace Release (99% alcohol, plus other stuff), versus Adust-A-Bond. The difference is incredible. Both remove the residue, but the Lace Release caused the tape to release from my unit the next day in the shower. I've never had that issue with Adjust-A-Bond.

As for the product from Debbie (from Splitends), I didn't know she was selling it. However, I do know her personally, and she is a very ethical business person and would never sell two things that can be used for the same purposes. You may be able to "water down" 99% alcohol or even 70% alcohol to make it the same as Adjust-A-Bond, but I do not know the formula. The thing is, you will permanently weaken the bond with Lace Release versus Adjust-A-Bond/Splitends product.

That all said, the easiest way to attach is to leave all the backing tape on as I've shown in the thread entitled "Thinnest tape attachment to date". Position the unit exactly where you want it. Make sure it lines up in front, on the sides and in the back. Then, with one hand, hold the unit in place on your head. With the other hand lift up the front of the unit and remove JUST the very front piece of backing tape - leave all the rest of the backing tape in place. Slowly lay the unit down on the front of your forehead.

Recheck to make sure that the unit still lines up. Flip the unit forward and remove the remainder of the backing tape. With your head tilted forward, very slowly "smooth" the unit onto your head working from front to back.

This method requires no Adjust-A-Bond at all. However, you may feel more comfortable, spritzing some on your fingers and touching the tape as you work from front to back. The tape won't stick to your fingers and makes it easier to work with.

Hope this helps,
Derick
 05/13/2011 01:07 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Thank you all for the answers.

Maybe it's a good idea to order this product and also using alcohol and see if the provide the same results.

I was asking for the alcohol as it's cheaper and if the results are more or less the same, then it was okay for me.

Anyway, will it be the same using the 91% or 99% alcohol or the one with a wider use in Spain, alcohol 96º? Note that some of them have the % symbol and the other has the degree symbol.
 05/13/2011 02:31 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Hmmm, I have no idea what the degree symbol means. I think anything above 91% will be fine. Some people prefer 99% alcohol and/or Lace Release. I always get the big containers of Lace Release because it's easy to buy online and even 91% alcohol around where I live is difficult to come by.
 05/14/2011 12:56 PM

Author Icon
toolongincap
Regular Poster

hi derick ...adjustabond is essentially alcohol...dont believe the hype
 05/14/2011 02:34 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

toolongincap I've been wearing for over 20 years. I am not naive and know SOMETHING about what I'm talking about. I don't blindly just believe whatever I am told. Yes, it is alcohol diluted with water or something else. The bottom line is it works VERY differently than straight alcohol.
 05/15/2011 04:40 AM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Hey Derick, first I really believe you are one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. I recommended Alcohol to Cocoloco because he was in Spain so alcohol is easier to get locally then pay to have Adjust a Bond to have shipped there. With that said, I have used Adjust a bond, Lace Release etc... many times. Not a scientific study by any means, but for me there was not a noticeable difference between Alcohol and Adjust a Bond in adhesion removal and giving time to adjust the piece before becomes sticky again. , In real theory Adjust A Bond, Lace Release may be a better products then alcohol alone in that is smells better, may even hold a little longer (possibly) however, for practical purposes I get the same result. Again, not saying your not right, just saying. Maybe I need only 20 seconds to adjust my piece and Alcohol releases bond for 30 seconds and Adjust a Bond for 40 seconds or longer. I have not tested, but again Alcohol for me works. Maybe I will order some and test it out with stop watch. lol. I think CocoLoco should order some Adjust A Bond or Lace Release when possible and use Alcohol when not. That would be a good solution.
 05/15/2011 08:46 AM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Thank you all for your answers and advices. Finally, I think that the best solution for me would be to order Adjust A Bond or Debbie's one for my first order and, if needed, I can also try alcohol and see how it works. If it works fine then no need to order Adjust again but if it doesn't work, I will be able to go ahead with Adjust.

Maybe I'm being too paranoid with this but I'm still thinking over and over again if 96º alcohol will have the same effect as 91%-99%. I don't know why the difference in the symbols.
 05/15/2011 09:03 AM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Yes cocoloco good idea. Please let us know if you find a difference between the products and alcohol 96%. I don't, but be interested if you do.
 05/15/2011 11:02 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

BRain11 I was not upset with you at all. I was just saying I think the two products are different. A lot, of course, depends on how one uses them, how much you use of them, etc... I am, however, a little ticked off at toolingincap because it seems as though he doesn't read anything I've taken a long time to write and dismisses what I've said as "believing in the hype".

I think cocoloco is doing the right thing and getting a lot of different opinions, yours, mine and whoever else he speaks with - and that's a very good thing. Of course there will be a lot of different opinions and that's ok. In the end, he's going to be one the most prepared "newbies" at this and will surely be a pro in no time!

I respect all your postings BRain11. You clearly have a lot of knowledge to offer this forum.
 05/15/2011 01:02 PM

Author Icon
toolongincap
Regular Poster

hi derick,

i apologise if i "ticked you off" i was merely trying to save you wonga...whats the point in shipping in stuff from the usa when 99 percent will do the job...

thats all i saying for the uk guys...

as long as the alcohol doesnt touch the system it doesnt matter whether its minty or not...or has some "special ingredient"...

adjustabond... if it gets on any system ,will turn hair to straw..as will 99 percent...

thus its essentially alcohol....both can ruin a system...but for tape adjustment...fantastic.
 05/16/2011 07:07 AM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Thanks for reply Derick. Yes same I didn't think you were "attacking" me. I am still grateful for the "Hair Softner" you turned me onto to help my rat hair last month. You may be right regarding this product. I am gonna order today from HD to test out again myself just out of curiousity. If it is a better then the alcohol I use for removing and pre attachment I will use myself. Always open for ways to improve and make my life easier and better regarding my hair.
 11/17/2017 09:09 AM

Author Icon
Saksham28
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: BRain11

Thanks for reply Derick. Yes same I didn't think you were "attacking" me. I am still grateful for the "Hair Softner" you turned me onto to help my rat hair last month. You may be right regarding this product. I am gonna order today from HD to test out again myself just out of curiousity. If it is a better then the alcohol I use for removing and pre attachment I will use myself. Always open for ways to improve and make my life easier and better regarding my hair.

Hello brian, Derick and everyone,
I was searching alternative for ProTouch Adjust A Bond /Re Align and came to this thread. I got my answer but i came to your above reply about "Hair Softner" what Derick advised you and worked for you.
I also use swiss lace and UTS and my hairs become harsh/dry withing 2 3 days and gradually become more and more dry as soon as they become older as you said rat hairs.
I know its old thread and not sure if you or any one read my reply but i wish you tell me about that "Hair Softner" or any other newer ones you or anyone came to know which may keep my hairs soft as they are when new. I use after bath conditioner and some leave in conditioner but they are not much useful.
Kindly help me out
 05/16/2011 10:05 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Hi BRain11, I don't recommend Adjust-A-Bond for removal, just pre-attachment. For me, it does a nice job with keeping my fingers from sticking to the tape or to wipe off adhesive residue from my forehead between attachments. But it won't work very well for removal - plus it's a lot more expensive than regular alcohol or Lace Release.
 05/16/2011 04:33 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Sorry...I've been missing during the weekend. As Derick was saying, it's great for me to have a lot of opinions so I can have as much information as possible. I know I'll have to try a lot of things as it's clear to me that some stuff work for some people, and for other don't.

But it's good to know there are people willing to help. Once I make my mind up about ordering this product or not, I will let you know.
 05/19/2011 06:49 PM

Author Icon
jamesc
Regular Poster

Agree, tried using Adjust-a-Bond for removal before it's just not strong enough. Use it for cleaning my hair line occasionally though. Cheers.
 05/16/2011 01:01 PM

Author Icon
BRain11
Occasional Poster

Hi Derick. Got it. Thanks.
Statistics
36125 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 255 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 255 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc